The applicant needs to be: Self-motivated and customer-orientated, outgoing and cheerful, knowledgeable and eager to learn more, team player with individual initiative, and a strong sense of personal responsibility.
The job: Full-time, selling our EnviroBed, OptiSile and SlurryBugs product ranges as well as our new innovative products developed recently. Most importantly by helping customers make best use of these products to improve their businesses and their own personal fulfilment. The 10-year value of each customer is infinitely more important than getting the next quick sale. There is an established customer base to look after and grow.
The workplace: Friendly and busy office in rural area north of Preston. Once settled in, probably 80% telephone-based management of customer relationships; and 20% farm calling in south west England…likely to be three weeks office, one week on the road. A shared company vehicle is provided for farm-calling.
Encouraging collaboration and support among colleagues, there is a whole-team sales target, with individual performance related rewards system on top of a decent base salary. Management ethos is to guide, support and encourage rather than micro-manage.
Essential qualities: 1) Best summarised in The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Steven J Covey. If you haven’t read this yet, it would significantly help your chances to do so and then mention in your application some examples of applying those habits in your career and private life. 2) Ability to deal with farmers on their own wavelength; to empathise genuinely with their situations, pressures and priorities; to identify and close mutually beneficial deals.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Organising own time to maximise meaningful calls – face-to-face or telephone – with existing customers and prospects in pursuit of sales team expectations
- Maintaining accurate customer records in CRM database
- Maintaining good relationships with production sites in Devon and Gloucestershire
- Communicating with the operations team (office-based and production site) to ensure sales are balanced with production
- Contributing to customer-centric culture
- Enhancing the company’s good name with everyone
- Participating actively in sales meetings and teleconferences
Next steps: The first stage of our recruitment process is here: Job application